This Analyzing “Intercepted Intelligence” lesson plan also includes:
A good diplomat needs to know how world events can affect their country. First, class members examine the Papal Bull that excommunicated Queen Elizabeth I from the Roman Catholic Church. Then, learners playing the role of diplomat from significant nations during the Age of Empire consider the ramifications for their countries.
- Use primary source activity to sharpen analytical skills
- Create additional skill builders using link to more documents
- Lesson is third in a sequence of seven in "The Diplomacy Challenge"
- Activity is creative in how it builds critical thinking skills
- List of additional documents is a valuable resource for future instruction