This Analyzing a Model Informative Consumer Guide lesson plan also includes:
What do consumers need to know about overfishing before buying fish? Scholars consider the question as they prepare for their performance task, which is to create a consumer guide for people about purchasing fish responsibly. After reading a model informative consumer guide, they work with partners to record the gist of each paragraph.
- Bring in several examples of consumer guides to share with students
- Lesson one of 13 from the Grade 6 ELA Module 3B, Unit 3 series
- Review the model informative consumer guide in advance
- Offers suggestions for meeting the needs of all learning styles
- Includes comprehensive teaching notes