What is the connection of the mind and body? How are emotions and behaviors related? Watch a short analysis of Gilbert Ryle's The Concept of Mind to learn more about the ways people make category mistakes when relying on the theory of dualism.
5 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Assign the video for learners to view at home before returning to class for a discussion
- Connect to a larger philosophy lesson or when discussing consciousness in psychology
- You can find the full analysis of Ryle's text at the publisher's website, where it is available with a paid subscription or trial membership
- Note that the comment section is open to the public
- Uses an applicable example to connect learners to the main point
- Introduces a complex work in an understandable way