This An Energy Mix: Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources lesson plan also includes:
What did the windmill say about renewable energy? I'm a BIG fan! Lesson three in the series of 12 has classes discuss potential and kinetic energy and then, in pairs, they complete a web quest over the different types of energy resources. Once everyone is finished, the class makes a tree map to categorize nonrenewable and renewable resources and their sources. The lesson ends with an assessment a quiz, essay, or foldable.
- Break the web quest into two portions and check in with the class after they answer the first seven questions to make sure everyone is on the right track
- Needs include computers with Internet access for each pair or group
- Lesson best fits fifth, sixth, and seventh graders
- Lesson is chunked well, keeping all scholars engaged
- Activity works well for auditory and visual learners because classes are discussing, writing, and exploring a website