This An African American Represents Alabama during Reconstruction lesson plan also includes:
The era after the Civil War saw a flourishing of African Americans exercising their rights. Using graphic organizers and Internet research, pupils consider the legacy of Benjamin Sterling Turner, who sat in Congress. Afterward, they consider the wider legacies of Reconstruction.
- Ask learners to research Benjamin Sterling Turner and other African American politicians during the Reconstruction era
- Extend the lesson by having scholars prepare lessons for the class on related topics
- While the lesson focuses on Alabama history, it is easy to adjust it for other states
- Resources are easy to adapt to a variety of learning levels
- Includes all materials that are ready to use