This America's History in the Making: Classroom Applications Two unit also includes:
Reading between the lines helps discover important information! The 11th lesson of a 22-part series on American history has scholars use historical thinking skills to uncover the deeper meaning behind the words on a page. Using backward design methods, primary sources, and group work, they hone their skills to present their findings on a wide variety of historical documents from post-Revolutionary times through the Civil War.
- Groups should be no larger than three
- To better facilitate the activity, create historical artifact investigative stations around the room for each group to rotate to and examine
- Uses overhead projector and transparencies
- Provides detailed historical artifacts for examination
- Includes printable worksheets for distribution in class