This Americans on the Homefront Helped Win World War I interactive also includes:
Saving sugar, growing crops, and not eating meat sound like small things, but they were a huge part of the home front effort during World War I. Photographic evidence of civilian struggles during the war, along with a matching game, illustrate these endeavors. Prompts engage learners about citizens' roles during wartime.
- Use the lesson to commemorate Veteran's Day in the classroom
- Stimulate discussion of sacrifices on the home front during World War I using included prompts
- All class members need to access a computer or device to complete the lesson
- Some images, such as the man tarred and feathered for not participating in war efforts, stimulate interesting discussion
- Photographs are easily adapted to a variety of pupil abilities