This All Work and No Play lesson plan also includes:
Car crashes provide a good method for studying kinetic energy transfer. Scholars explore energy through hands-on simulated crashes. They work together to design their own experiments and apply the knowledge gained to a situation that could save a baby's life.
- Review all equations related to potential energy, kinetic energy, and work prior to starting the lesson
- Extend the lesson by changing the weight of the car going down the hill to see how it alters the calculations
- Relies on prior knowledge of designing an experiment and collecting qualitative data
- Uses a 5E format
- Requires only common materials
- Offers teacher notes throughout to help lesson go smoothly