This Adaptations at Animal Wonders - Field Trip video also includes:
The word camouflage was first found use in English in the 1917 edition of Popular Science magazine. Camouflage, along with many other variations, star in the second video in a four-part series about adaptations. Join the virtual field trip to visit a variety of animals and learn about how they relate to the world with behavioral and physical adaptations.
- Visit a local animal sanctuary, zoo, or rescue to learn about animals and their adaptations
- Ask class members to respond to the following writing prompt: If you could have any one of the adaptations discussed in the video, which would you pick and why?
- Relies on prior knowledge of both behavioral and physical adaptations, as well as classifications of animals
- Discusses the etymology of a common word related to adaptations
- Perfect to use in traditional or flipped classes