This Ad Awareness lesson plan also includes:
Movie theaters, shopping malls, television, the Internet ... no matter where people go, they are inundated with advertisements. Scholars discuss the topic of ad awareness using the first of four Admongo lessons about advertising. Pupils learn about persuasive techniques that companies use to encourage consumerism. Next, small groups work collaboratively to complete charts that compare and contrast selected advertisements.
- Ask students to keep a list of the products and services they see advertised on any given day and have them share their findings in small groups
- Print and display the classroom poster referenced in the lesson plan for use during the discussion
- Requires several magazines and/or newspapers
- Includes an optional bonus worksheet, which makes a great homework assignment
- Provides a link to an online extension activity