This Veterans Day inspire scholars to say thank you to a veteran. Here, learners discover key details about a specific war using an interactive timeline, and then write a thank you letter offering their gratitude to someone who risked their life for our country.
- Invite a local veteran to speak to the class about his or her experience—keeping it age appropriate
- Encourage learners to delve deep into the history of one war and present their findings to the class
- Flip your classroom; give pupils the interactive timeline link so they can research as needed at home then come to class prepared to write their thank you letter
- Interactive timeline is located within the lesson link
- The lesson assumes pupils know how to write letters
- Sheds light on the importance of honoring veterans
- Offers questions if the pupil or veteran wish to conduct an interview