This A Run for Two assessment also includes:
Develop a graph to represent the distance between two cars. The assessment task presents a scenario in which two cars are traveling at constant speeds with one faster than the other. Pupils develop graphical representations to show the distance between the two cars on a straight and an oval track.
- Provide opportunities for the class to find the difference between two graphs
- Have individuals share their graphs and explanations with the class
- Class members should be able to graph linear equations
- Contains examples of how the pupils might approach the graphs
- The rubric provides a list of big ideas the task addresses
- The graphs in the answer key do not provide a legend