This A Model of Plate Faults lesson plan also includes:
The San Andreas fault is one of the longest fault zones in the world. In a series of 20 lessons, the fourth instructional activity has pupils use a paper model to recreate various types of plate faults. Each is held in position then drawn into a science journal for appropriate labeling.
- Research and discuss the similarities and differences in the ways each type of earthquake is felt in surrounding areas
- Lesson might take over one and a half hours, but should not require a full two hours
- Requires prior knowledge of scale models
- The suggested color on the model visually brings out the changes
- Lesson uses common art supplies