This A Call to Invention: DIY Speaker Edition instructional video also includes:
Can you build a homemade speaker out of a potato chip? Bestselling author and do-it-yourself expert William Gurstelle shows you how in his brief presentation at TEDYouth 2012. He encourages young people to be creative and explore science through invention.
- View the video and make audio speakers with your class as part of a lesson on sound
- Browse through Mr. Gurstelle's books for other exciting project ideas suitable for your classroom
- Video is brief, requiring the teacher to explain the science behind sound and speakers
- Presenter has a fun, lighthearted attitude toward science and technology that engages young people
- Includes a do-it-yourself activity that can be done in the classroom
- Allows the teacher to customize a lesson based on the video