This 4-Side Warmup activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Write four exercises on separate sheets of paper and hang them in the four corners of the gym. Include the name of the exercise and the number of reps for each. Assign class members to each corner. Instruct athletes to complete each exercise, emphasizing proper technique and form. At the signal, pupils move to the next corner to do the next activity.
- Use as a warm-up activity, and model each corner exercise for the class
- Choose four fitness exercises that pertain to the focus activity
- Play music while kids are working out and stop it to cue the rotation to the next corner
- Number the class off with numbers one through four to make groups
- Activity requires four cones and prior set up
- Depending on the exercises you choose, other equipment may be necessary such as exercise mats, Hula Hoops, jump ropes, etc.
- Works well with large and small groups
- Choose warm-ups that are appropriate for each grade level
- Reinforces repetition and exercise techniques
- Eases into a larger activity with a certain focus skill