Scientists know more about Mars than any other planet in our solar system. As they learn more, more questions arise. An engaging video lesson from a solar system series discusses three different mysteries that are intriguing to scientists and may suggest the presence of past life.
- Give learners a graphic organizer highlighting the three mysteries; ask them to write down key information while watching the lesson
- Have pupils develop their own theories in response to each mystery
- Independent viewing requires Internet access
- Incorporates actual surface images of Mars
- YouTube provides an auto-translate option that may assist ELL/ELD pupils