This Yu the Engineer and Flood Stories from China: Crash Course World Mythology #17 instructional video also includes:
Ancient China is flooded with myths about deluges. Scholars explore Chinese flood myths using the 17th video from the Crash Course World Mythology series. Learners meet an emperor named Yu the Engineer, who worked tirelessly to end flooding in his country. Pupils also learn about some of Yu's other accomplishments, including his founding of the Xia Dynasty.
- Have individuals create visual storyboards to summarize Yu the Great's 13-year battle with flooding
- Ask small groups to compare Chinese, Jewish, and Mesopotamian flood myths
- Fast-moving video with some Chinese pronunciations; may require occasional pausing for students to take notes
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Includes a helpful animation of a Chinese myth
- Comical and engaging treatment of the topic