Our world seems to be a pretty big place ... until you compare it with the rest of the universe. Where does Earth fit in? Space science scholars watch as the narrator uses a tiny pixel to illustrate how much room we take up in space.
3 Views 1 Download
- Use the resource during a space science unit to help pupils gain perspective of the size of Earth in the universe
- Expand the lesson by having groups find other objects that have a size difference of one quintillionth
- Learners should have prior knowledge of light years and the observable universe
- Animations help convey the tremendous size difference between our planet and the universe
- The narrator's use of familiar images helps provide context for visual learners