This Your Place in the Primate Family Tree video also includes:
Your family get-togethers are about to become more interesting! A video lesson in the PBS Eons series describes the primate family tree that leads to the one and only—homo sapiens. Discover the fossil evidence that leads scientists to their conclusions while learning the traits humans share with other primates.
- Assign each pupil different traits; have them arrange themselves in a genetic tree based on the traits
- Tell learners to record unfamiliar terms while watching the video and discuss at the end
- Expects a basic understanding of evolutionary traits
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides links to additional resources in the series
- Defines new vocabulary within the lesson