This Your Environment, Your Health: The Great Debate—Bottled Water vs. Tap Water in Our School unit also includes:
Should bottled water be sold in schools, or should they only provide tap water? The summative unit in the six-part series encourages scholars debating this topic. The lessons teach how to build an argument, how to gain background knowledge, and the rules of scholarly debates. The unit concludes with a debate and certificates.
- Team teach with the debate instructor
- Pass out the debate rubric on the first day to help pupils prepare
- Consider grouping the strongest students in the group opposing their actual beliefs
- Builds on knowledge from each of the previous units in the series
- Relies on cooperative work and builds confidence