This You Reckon? activity & project also includes:
Sometimes simple is just better. A set of activities teaches young mathematicians about using plausible estimation to solve problems. They break problems down to simpler problems, use rounding and estimation strategies, and consider accuracy of numbers used in calculations.
- Assign the sprinkler activities as homework
- Decide whether you want learners to use calculators on the tasks
- Resource recommends creating variants of the tasks to fit the scaffolding needs of your pupils
- Includes list of questions to elicit reflection, accompanying worksheets, grids, and maps
- Each activity has its own link for easy access