Although beautiful, Yellowstone Park has some inherent dangers. An episode of a larger Reactions series explains how the volcanic hot springs in the park affect the pH of the water as well as its temperature. Learners make connections to the chemical make-up of the water and its acidic levels.
- Incorporate during a lesson on acids and bases
- Post on a class website to allow for independent viewing
- Familiarity with the features of Yellowstone National Park are helpful
- Shows video footage of the park to help pupils connect with the content
- Emphasizes key scientific terms throughout the lesson