Have you ever wondered why calico cats have such a colorful coat? The process of X inactivation is an interesting phenomenon in females that drives the physical appearance of individuals. Viewers of an intriguing video connect knowledge of sexual reproduction to the process with a real-life example.
- Explain how female embryonic development is different due to the process of X inactivation
- Identify a real-life example where you can see the physical effects of X inactivation
- Use as an extension to a discussion of X-linked traits
- Expects young scientists to have an understanding of cell division and chromosomes
- Uses an interesting example of calico cats
- Good visual of division of cells and the effects X inactivation has on features