This WWII: Western Europe 1939-45 – End of the War interactive also includes:
You are Winston Churchill, and on May 9th, 1945, you receive millions of grateful cards and telegrams. How do you respond? High schoolers put themselves in the Prime Minister's chair with an activity that prompts them to respond to a telegram that thanked Churchill for his actions at the end of World War II.
- Connect with language arts to address writing skills
- Project the telegram onto the board for learners to annotate with dry-erase marker
- The final part of a larger unit on World War II
- Requires Internet access and Flash®
- Provides an optional framework for the lesson, making scaffolding easy
- Comes with all necessary primary sources