This Writing a Second Body Paragraph and Conclusion for an Opinion Essay: Jackie Robinson’s Role in the Civil Rights Movement (Promises to Keep, Pages 50–57) lesson plan also includes:
Class members begin to work on the body paragraphs of their opinion essays about Jackie Robinson started in the previous instructional activity. They analyze a model paragraph and underline reasons for the opinion. Learners then take part in a mini instructional activity about linking words and conclusion statements.
- Provide graphic organizers for writers to record their reasons and thoughts
- Installment 15 of 17 in Grade 5 ELA Module 3A, Unit 2
- Expects that individuals complete lessons in order
- Includes sample conclusion statements
- Offers suggestions for meeting the needs of struggling pupils