This Wrinkled Heart lesson plan also includes:
Contrary to the old saying, words, like sticks, can hurt. That's the central idea in a lesson plan about the importance of considering another person's perspective, stopping, thinking, and listening before responding in anger to a conflict. Class members practice this technique by considering several scenarios and how they might respond to prevent wounded hearts.
- Remind class members to keep all handouts, worksheet, and journals in their special Healthy Heart binder
- The second lesson in the 5-part Hearth Smart series designed for sixth graders
- Requires copies; white paper may be used, but red would be more effective for the heart worksheets
- The plan includes step-by-step directions
- The presentation illustrates the importance of understanding another's point of view