The world's lightest solid is over 99 percent air. An episode of the Veritasium series examines the structure of the aerogels and their physical and chemical properties. The video shows several demonstrations that show these properties to give viewers a clear understanding.
- Have pupils brainstorm uses for the lightest solid on Earth
- Ask learners to record any new vocabulary they encounter while watching the video
- Expects a solid understanding of physical and chemical properties
- Hosts the video at the actual aerogel plant
- Emphasizes properties of the solid