Every bug is an insect, but not all insects are bugs. A presentation lists the characteristics of insects, describes their body parts, and explains metamorphosis. It also details every order and includes photographs and multiple facts about each.
- Invite someone with an insect collection, or a natural history museum guide, to share their collection of insects and discuss
- Have each scholar select one insect order listed and draw a life cycle chart
- Relies on prior knowledge of body parts, insects, and taxonomy
- Allows for editing to fit any curriculum
- Highlights vocabulary words in red