This Working with Parts video also includes:
Get a clearer picture of working with fractions. While continuing to work with fractions as parts, the video shows how to use drawing to compare and add fractions. Worksheets then provide opportunities for pupils to practice comparing, adding, and subtracting fractions.
- Lead a discussion on the importance of the concept of same whole to compare fractions
- Challenge the class to use visual aids when working with subtraction
- Scholars should be familiar with using inequality symbols
- This is second in a 16-part series Math Antics-Fractions series
- Includes a video showing the answers and how to work out the exercises
- Uses colors in the worksheets to make visual comparisons easier