This Wind Turbine activity & project also includes:
Let the energy blow. Using mostly easily found material such as PVC pipe and fans, pupils build wind turbines. Scholars connect a multimeter to an electric motor to determine the amount of energy generated by their designs. Learners then compare the energy output for different speeds of wind and blade designs.
- Have individuals create multiple blade designs and test to determine the best design for creating energy
- Research commercial wind turbines and how they store energy
- Requires a motor, a hub, and a multimeter along with other basic materials
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a link to locate materials that are difficult to find
- Contains background information of wind and wind turbines