Are there more fish in the ocean or stars in the galaxy? The video begins with explaining the old method for estimating the number of fish in the ocean. Then it details the new method using SONAR. The differences in estimates lead to scientific theories about each method.
- Discuss other sampling methods and the pros and cons of each
- Research how this new information changes our perception of overfishing, which is unfortunately still a large problem
- Public comment section contains words not traditionally considered acceptable in the classroom and should be avoided
- Language in the title may not be the most appropriate for the classroom
- Includes a list of key words to search if pupils want to go more in depth about the concepts
- Offers subtitles in Arabic, English, and Portuguese