This Why Volunteer? lesson plan also includes:
Inspire scholars to volunteer their time to make a positive change in their community. With help from research, a public speaker, and reflection, learners define and asses what it takes to be a volunteer in a business, non-profit, family, and government setting then set forth to make a difference themselves as a volunteer.
- If you do not wish to give homework, make time in the day to complete the at-home assignment using newspapers from home, or visit the computer lab to search the internet for resources
- Revisit the lesson throughout the school year to encourage continued community involvement
- If a field trip is not applicable, invite someone from a non-profit organization to speak to pupils in the classroom
- The lesson is the fourth of five resources created to shed light on volunteering
- Outlines lesson directions in seven easy-to-follow steps
- Links lesson parts at the top of the page makes for quick navigation