Some scientists spend their entire careers analyzing and learning about soils. An interesting video lesson provides an overview of what soil scientists do and why. Pupils learn how soil analysis connects to other branches of science and how studying soils helps these other fields.
- Pair with additional lessons from the same publisher to create a more complete analysis of the study of soil
- Have learners record three facts from the video to use during a class discussion
- Requires devices with Internet access if assigning for individual viewing
- Interviews professional scientists that specialize in soil studies
- Connects soil analysis to environmental concerns