Carbon makes all life on Earth possible, not to mention most technology and progress. The 12th video in a 16-part series explains the significance of being made of star stuff. From the formation of chemical elements to the rise in complexity, stars make it all possible. The video focuses on one element—carbon—rather than all of them.
- Debate if all life forms must be carbon based
- Relate each chemical element to where it came from and how people use them today
- Relies on prior knowledge from the previous videos in the series
- Graphics keep viewers entertained
- Provides subtitles in English for the hearing impaired
- Connects science, history, technology, and more