This Why Should You Read "Don Quixote"? video also includes:
What value could there possibly be in a story about a man who sets out to fight windmills? Turns out, quite a bit! A video and interactive lesson about the novel Don Quixote sets out to explain the answer to the question. Viewers track the evolution of the protagonist and learn key lessons related to the novel, and then show what they've learned through an online quiz and discussion questions.
- Look at the code of chivalry and contrast it with the protagonist of the novel
- Write essays designed to answer the question Should students read Don Quixote?
- Contains spoilers
- Provides resources to encourage readers to explore the text further
- Allows teachers to customize the lesson with a free TED-Ed account
- Quiz contains somewhat random and lower-level questions