This Why Should You Read “Crime and Punishment”? instructional video also includes:
Dostoevesky's Crime and Punishment is known as the first psychological thriller and a critique of 19th-century Russian society. The narrator of a hauntingly bleak video sets forth a case for reading the infamous novel.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Ask individuals to craft an essay in which they evaluate whether the narrator has provided a convincing argument for the reading of Crime and Punishment
- Use the video to introduce a reading of the novel
- The video is more of a plot summary than an analysis
- The novel would hold the greatest appeal for high school seniors and college-level readers
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to related resources, and a discussion question