This Why Local Elections Matter lesson plan also includes:
Uncle Sam wants everyone to vote in local elections! Geared toward middle and high school scholars, the resource explores voter turnout and the importance of local elections. Academics participate in group discussion, complete worksheets, and review data from their states' elections to understand how each vote counts, and the importance of participating in the election process.
- Arrange for a local election official to speak about voter turnout
- Have pupils poll family members on their local voting habits
- Statistics of local voting are required to complete the lesson
- The resource includes extension activities to enhance learning
- Provides an answer key with the worksheet for easier grading