Don't fall victim to The Silent Killer! Expose your class (not literally) to carbon monoxide through an informative video from Reactions, a playlist from the American Chemical Society. Content includes carbon monoxide's structure, its pathway through the body, and sources of carbon monoxide.
- The video works well as a part of lessons about fossil fuel use, the respiratory system, or as an introduction to the carbon monoxide molecule itself
- Have pupils compare the formulas of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide and note similarities and differences
- Talk briefly about how oxygen binds with hemoglobin in the blood before the video starts
- Narrator provides clear descriptions of where carbon monoxide comes from and how to avoid it building up in your home
- Funny animations shed light on how the body becomes damaged from excessive carbon monoxide exposure