They're not just pretty faces! Flamingos may look delicate, but they have adaptations that allow them to survive in areas most other organisms cannot. A video lesson in a larger ACS Reactions series describes how flamingos survive in water with high pH levels that keep them safe from predators that don't have the same luxury.
- Have learners keep a journal of new vocabulary they encounter while watching the video
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they view the lesson
- Builds on an understanding of pH levels and alkalinity
- Includes the option for closed captioning to support note taking
- Emphasizes key scientific vocabulary throughout