Sheep wear their wool through rain, wind, and snow without harm; our sweaters don't share the same fate! Watch the video explanation of the make-up of wool and how the harsh washer and dryer environment affects it. Pupils learn that wool has specific characteristics that cause changes.
- Bring in a sample of sheep wool and other animal fur or hair for pupils to investigate
- Discuss how wool is a benefit to sheep
- Be aware that some comments may be inappropriate for learners
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides closed captioning in three languages as well as an auto-translate option with many additional languages
- Images help to describe the characteristics of wool