Is a repeated addition definition mathematically valid? Using mathematical properties, a video explains why, even though there is a connection between repeated addition and multiplication, it is not a good definition. The properties hold for all types of multiplication and not just whole number multiplication.
- Verify that the same claim works for decimals and fractions
- Expects that students know the distributive property
- The class should be comfortable with multiplication
- Includes links to additional resource on mathematical properties
- Uses an example to demonstrate the concept