This Why Did the United States Enter World War I in 1917? lesson plan also includes:
World War I was the first major conflict on a global scale. Using primary documents, learners determine why the United States chose to enter World War I when it did. After analytical writing and group research, the causes of America's involvement in World War I become clear.
- Have the class complete a detailed World War I map of the Central Powers and Allies in Europe
- Limit small group sizes to no more than four
- Print out the primary documents and laminate them for multiple period use
- The fifth installment of an eight-part lesson series
- Contains printable worksheets
- Includes grading rubric for teacher use