Why do some people have allergies, and why are they on the rise? Scientists are working on the answer. An informative video lesson describes body processes when having an allergic reaction as well as therapies and treatments. The instructor also describes the difference between intolerance and allergy.
- Have learners collect data by asking friends and family about their allergies
- Invite a medical professional to speak about the changes and trends related to allergies in recent years
- Food allergies may be a sensitive topic for some individuals
- Part of the comprehensive It's Okay to be Smart series
- Includes animations to demonstrate the science behind allergic reactions
- Interviews people with allergies to show the emotional perspective