Humans are predisposed to fear snakes. Through evolution, many animals developed a visceral reaction to snakes as a defense mechanism. An engaging video lesson describes the evidence and how scientists came to this conclusion.
6 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Include other videos in this series to show additional examples of animal behaviors and evolutionary traits
- Following the video, have pupils write down three interesting facts; lead a group discussion to create a combined list from the class
- Requires a basic understanding of animal behaviors and evolution
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Incorporates several areas of science within the single lesson
- An interesting video that maintains viewers' attention