Is it just coincidence that avocados and awesome both begin with the letter A? Introduce young nutritionists to a super food with some super powers using a video from the Reactions playlist. Scientists from the American Chemical Society show avocado's unique ingredients, how to properly peel one, and how to keep your guacamole from turning brown.
- The video makes an engaging addition to a food science lesson
- Ask the class to compare the beneficial nutrients in avocados to other popular healthy foods
- Viewers should have some understanding of the vitamins that are essential for good human health
- Fun facts and an upbeat narrator keep the video lively
- Uses student-friendly terms to keep scholars engaged and to increase understanding