This Who Can You Trust? Crash Course Navigating Digital Information #4 video also includes:
The best way to understand a website is (drumroll, please) ... to leave the website? Scholars make sense of some strange advice by watching part four in the Crash Course: Navigating Digital Information set. As they watch, they learn strategies for finding credible Internet sources. Pupils also learn how to consider a source's authority and perspective to assess its reliability.
- Ask individuals to write a paragraph or essay about how to assess an Internet source's credibility
- Challenge students to develop a checklist for determining a website's reliability
- Requires a projector and speakers
- Narrator uses humor to engage audience
- Provides specific examples from the Internet to drive home key points