This Where Does a Plant's Mass Come From? activity & project also includes:
Where does the mass for a growing tree come from? Scholars consider a few different hypotheses and guess which is correct. They then analyze data from different experiments to understand which concepts science supports.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Designed
- Set up a long-term experiment in class measuring a plant's mass as it grows, the weight of the soil, and the amount of water added over time
- Explain the difference between mass and biomass before using the lesson
- Relies on prior knowledge of biological chemistry, chemical formulas, chemical equations, matter, mass, and energy
- Links to additional resources
- Provides many helpful tips and discussion topics to encourage further understanding of the concepts