What are we made of and where did all of this stuff come from? From the Big Bang to star dust, the narrator of an entertaining video explores many different theories. Scholars learn the sequence of events that had to occur to create the elements such as oxygen and iron.
- Ask the class how they think simple elements like hydrogen and helium form heavier elements
- Pair pupils and have them research the composition of other planets in our solar system to look for similarities to Earth's composition
- Take a moment to review the Big Bang theory before watching the video
- The resource dispels misconceptions about Earth's early days, making it a great addition to an earth science unit
- Animations throughout the video are amusing and help illustrate the facts behind the narrator's presentation