If all of the viruses in the ocean were laid end-to-end, they would stretch 100 times around the diameter of the Milky Way. The video compares various species to determine which is the most successful. Should it be defined by pure number, percentage of the population, weight, or something else?
- Have class members guess what the most successful species on Earth is and how to define success before watching the video
- Requires prior knowledge of species and if a virus is considered alive
- Be aware the comment section contains curse words and other material not appropriate for the classroom
- Includes closed captioning in Czech, English, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Provides a link to the related blog post that better explains the numbers quoted