Your cell phone contains many elements you may not have even heard of! Explore the science of the smartphone with a lesson from the Reactions playlist. The instructor explains the location and purpose of the many different elements that create these cellular devices.
- Color a periodic table with each of the elements found in a typical iPhone
- Sketch the interior and exterior of a smartphone; label the parts as mentioned in the lesson
- A familiarity with the elements of the periodic table is helpful
- Uses a topic important to pupils to teach various science concepts
- Integrates science and technology seamlessly
- Information is a little dated with reference to the iPhone 6 as the new phone release